Sunday, October 5, 2008

A weekend of riding!

Saturday and Sunday both yielded rides that varied greatly. Saturday I only had about 20 minutes to squeeze a ride in before heading off to watch Bama barely beat the UK Wildcats. What I got was a 4.73 miles with a down hill that was the roughest pavement I have ever ridden on. Last time I road it was on a mountain bike and so I had no idea it was that bad. Needless to say my down hill section was terribly slow.
Quick facts on that ride:
Pace: 4:34
Time: 21:40
Max Grade: 15.9%


Sunday Jim and I decided to head out to Oak Mountain to get in 30 miles before the 40 miler next weekend at the BBC Century. This was my first trip out to Oak Mountain, so I had no idea what to expect really. I have to say, it was a brutal ride for me. I sprinted up one hill and that took just about everything out of me until I got back into a grove on our return. Then we decide to take a small water break at the club house and that little stop damn near ruined us. Our legs were dragging and I couldn't get back into a good pace for several miles. And I swear those hills just kept getting longer and longer on our final return trip. Plus I think I started to get a bit a heat exhaustion out there. I kept getting a random chill that I couldn't determine if was caused by the shade or not because it would occur at different times. Plus my arms where completely dry, only a little bit of sweat on my chest. Never-the-less I finished.

My stats were:
Pace: 3:50
Total Time: 2:05:37
Moving Time: 2:00:03
Total Distance: 31.20 miles
Average Speed: 15.6 mph
Max Speed: 38.5 mph
Max Grade: 13.9%

1 comment:

MTBROWN said...

Glad you finally make it out to Oak Mountain. Awesome ride out there.