Tuesday, September 2, 2008

BOT Ride

Today's BOT ride was just Michael and myself and we set out today to get a good lead on the pace group so that when they caught up to us we could try and hang with them. And at about mile 5 they caught us, but they didn't leave us...till we started the climb on HWY 78. At that point we had to deal with traffic and other issues that kept us back.

Once on 78 I started to pull away from Michael a bit as I was challenging myself to keep up with some riders that had passed me just before the hill. By the time I got up to Old Leeds Road I had hooked up with 3 other cyclists that I used as pace guages. I hung in with them for the rest of the ride running around 20 mph on the flat stretches.

I forgot to start my Garmin at the beginning of the ride so I don't have real accurate numbers. But my bike computer showed 20.4 miles over 1:19:59 which works out to just under a 4 minute pace. Of the 10.64 miles that I did have my Garmin on, I road at a 3:32 pace with an average speed of 16.9 and a max of 36.1.

Overall I really enjoyed this ride, although it did get a bit dark towards the end but I had a group of about 10 cyclists I was finishing up with so it wasn't too bad and the traffic for the most part was good.

Neal we missed ya! But I'm glad you got some good riding in at OMSP!

Oh yeah, Michael should have an interesting picture!

1 comment:

Neal said...

Good ride man! Improvement and reaching goals are the keys!