Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Satuday Ride

This Saturday after a location mix up with Jim I ended up riding a new loop from my house. I combined parts of my normal Queenstown loop with some of the Tuesday Worlds Loop that we did last Saturday with Floyd Landis.

This was one brutal ride. The wind was insane, 10mph average with 15 mph highs, talk about buffeting! As I rode and the wind was always coming as either headwinds or crosswinds. It made flat sections feel like I was climbing! My bike started feeling really heavy around mile 17.

This loop had me leaving my house, heading out Floyd Bradford to HWY 78 and climbing Cemetary Hill (which by the way hits a 22% grade at one point), then hooking up with part of the Tuesday route that runs through Irondale and connecting with Ruffner road, out to Derby Pkwy and then onto Alton road until hooking up with Queenstown and heading back home.

Overall it turned out to be a pretty good route, reaching a distance of 25 miles.

Even though it was a brutal ride, my performance wasn't bad. A 3:45 pace, 15.9 mph average, 1:34:14 total time.

Here is an elevation profile.


Here is the map:
Click

2 comments:

MTBROWN said...

That sounds like a pretty good route. We may have to try that one Saturday morning.

j2d said...

It's not bad at all.