Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Good BOT ride today

This will probably be the last 20 mile BOT ride we do this year. It's just starting to get to dark by the time we end. So we'll probably be able to squeeze a few more out and backs (18 miles) in before it's just to dark to ride.

The ride was good although the weather looked ominous at times and my damn shoes did not want to lock into the clips several times. I need to get better at getting them in and locked quickly. It caused me a few problems at intersections and it didn't matter left or right.

The ride it self was pretty fast paced, no lolly-gaggin through the neighborhoods like last time. Brian and I pushed pretty good up 78 and along Old Leeds! We even hooked up with a group that was running a good 20 mph average.

I had about 2 servings of my Hammer Gel with me that I downed at the gas station on Montclair and this time I feel like I felt it. I'll keep trying and drinking that nasty shyt until it's gone. Although I have to admit it didn't taste as bad as it did Sunday. Maybe I'll develop a taste for it...like beer...nah!

My distance was 20.65 miles, total time was 1:19:28, average pace was a strong 3:50 with an average speed of 15.6 mph. All totaled I burned 1761 calories!

Now I'm going to put all those calories back on by eating this Krispy Kreme donut!

2 comments:

MTBROWN said...

It was a good ride man. Sweat mumps and all...LOL

j2d said...

Yeah, that was disgusting!