Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hard pushed BOT ride!

Today is was just Gregg, Michael, and myself at the Botanical Gardens. We started out around 5:20 today with intentions to get as much distance as we could before it got to dark. We never really made much mention of what type of ride we wanted today but the silent feeling was to push hard. For the first half we had caught up to one group and rode with them up to Hwy 78. They had been moving a steady pace, but when they hit 78 they decided to pick it up a bit. Gregg managed to hook onto their tail and stay with them through the rest of the distance. I fell back on Old Leeds road, but ended up hooking up with this one rider who had blown by me at Grants Mill. I pretty much to stayed in her draft till we got to the big down hill on Old Leeds. At that point I had started to drift back but I caught her down the hill and then passed her on Cherokee road. It was at that point that I wanted to really push hard through those series of hills and keep my speed up. By the time all was said and done I had finished only 8-9 minutes behind Gregg and Michael was only 3-4 minutes behind me.

We pretty much pushed ourselves and came away feeling great!

In total it was 20.45 miles with a total time of 1:19:13 with a pace on this ride at 3:52. My average speed was 15.5 and I maxed out at 35.4. Burned up 1718 calories!

If were lucky and can keep leaving as early as we were able to today we might be able to squeeze in a few more 20 milers.

No comments: