Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Tuesday, another Botanical Gardens Ride

Today was my first day riding with some Shimano pedals and shoes. I've used clips on my mtn bike before but this would be my first experience with them on a road bike. And other than a few issues with trying get them to actually clip in, I had an overall good ride with them. Like anything new you just need time to get used to them.

Today I rode 17.74 miles with an average pace of 5:28 at a speed of 10.9 mph while burning 1471 calories. Neal and I slowed down the pace today to give him a good work out but not wear him out. We did get a good attack on Michael at one point though, hitting around 30 mph!

Overall a good ride. I'm hopeful I'll be able to squeeze another ride in this week but I'm not sure that I will be able too prior to the weekend. If not I'll just do some good riding Saturday and/or Sunday.

If you're up for a road to mtn bike ride either day let me know.

3 comments:

Neal said...

Thanks again man...you all were the bright spot of my ride. Awesome! That attack took alot out of me but it was fun!

j2d said...

It may have taken a lot out of you, but you still brought it home!

MTBROWN said...

You guys enjoyed blowing by me WAY TOO MUCH...LOL