Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wow, what a great day

Today was my longest ride yet. I rode a total of 36.84 miles at the North Harbor (Tuscaloosa) Hot Hundred. The day started off nice and cool and overcast with a slight chance of rain, but it held off and resulted in great riding weather.

I'm really proud of myself. I had my longest ride to date over fairly flat terrain, nearly bit it when my front tire hit a patch of sand and gravel, set a new fastest pace for me at 3:38, and burned a whopping 2810 calories! Oh yeah!

I felt great on the ride back to the finish; albeit a bit lonely! I felt I could have rode further had my ass not been hurting so bad. Gotta get my body used to these distances.

I probably had a slightly better pace for the overall ride but I decided to ride another 2 miles for a cool down and chose keep track of the distance and pace on my Garmin. But I do remember roughly crossing the finish line just a little over 2 hours with only one stop!

Congrats to Michael, Brian, Dave, and Greg for getting out there and pushing through their chosen distances! Good job guys!

Looking forward to Tuesday. But for now it's off to celebrate my Anniversary!

3 comments:

Neal said...

dude i'm proud of you guys! It's crazy that i know your brother-in-law Jay! Anyway see you guys tuesday!

j2d said...

Yup, the world just keeps getting smaller!

MTBROWN said...

I keep telling you, 4 Degrees of Michael Brown is easier than 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon...LOL