Sunday, August 10, 2008

A little mountain biking today.

Today I had planned to get my mtn bike back out after a month or so of it just hanging on the wall. I headed over to the Trussville Municipal park to ride on the same trails I normally ride. Only today I was going to try and ride them in the opposite direction.

This started out all well and good till my lack of confidence on the trails got the better of me and I ended up off the bike several times, some by choice, some by force...

The ride lasted 1 hour and 16 minutes and covered 6.26 miles. Not as far as I had thought I was going to ride, but needless to say it was a demanding ride for me. I rarely get into my 2nd bottle of water on a 20 mile road ride, but by the end of today's ride I was half way through my second bottle. I had forgotten how tiring a mtn bike trail can be. Especially when you've decided to try out a new trail that is head and shoulders above your skill level.

No major events on this ride other than the few falls and the frustration of being on a trail that required a higher skill level. Oh and I did get a bit of protein while on the ride when some sort of flying insect flew straight down my throut. I'm just glad it happened at a level area and not on a climb.

Anyways, overall it was a good ride but a bit frustrating at times. I was able to burn 1239 calories, so that's always a plus.

Next ride will be this coming Tuesday at the Botanical Gardens. See ya there.

1 comment:

MTBROWN said...

I actually parked in the lot at the park and road the road bike 10 miles on Sunday around 10:30a.m.
I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow but it isn't looking promising.