Friday, August 22, 2008

A good Friday.....

But not a good ride.

I think I had a bit of a mental breakdown before I even clipped into my pedals. I had half a mind to just be lazy this afternoon but I thought better of it and rushed home so I could squeeze in some decent distance before dark.

I should have had a better attitude but I started off very sluggish and decided I would settle for a relaxed pace. I spent the ride fighting off a cramp in my right calf, which has been occurring the last few rides as I near the end. But this time it started within the first 5 miles. I also had to deal with some annoying numbness in the tips of my left thumb and forefinger. Needless to say I struggled with comfort on this ride and all the did was push my defeatist mentality harder.

Even with my piss poor attitude and discomfort I still managed to ride 21.96 miles with an average pace of 4:12 (pretty much my average) at an average speed of 14.2 mph. In the end I burned 1922 calories.

Based on those numbers I can't say I'm disappointed, but based on how I felt during the ride, I know I left so much out there.

2 comments:

Neal said...

i totally know how you feel...but at least you rode! Good job!

MTBROWN said...

Good job man. Some days are just tough but you're a better person for pushing through.